Laundry Room Update | Organizing Made Fun: Laundry Room Update

Friday, November 2, 2012

Laundry Room Update

I have a special treat today! I've been giving all kinds of behind the scenes pictures on Instagram about my laundry update for weeks! Did you miss those? Oh, if you're on Instagram and aren't following me, you're missing out!

Laundry Room makeover | OrganizingMadeFun.com





Well, here it is! This is my beautiful laundry room wall! 


Basement laundry room full of ugly pipes, before | OrganizingMadeFun.com

My laundry room has been bugging me for a LONG time. I've done little things here and there to spiffy it up. But, the one thing that bothered me most was this wall of pipes. I had attempted, in a sad way, to cover up some of the copper pipes with a bulletin board and some stick on "tiles". But, let's be honest, it's still awful! In this above picture, it shows a slightly "after the real before" because my Hubby was in the middle of moving the electrical outlet up to the top of the ceiling in the basement -- it was dangerously down near the sink before. 


Pendant Light

He also gave this new pendant light it's very own switch. There was no existing electrical box for a light down there, so I was thankful he could hang it exactly where I wanted it. 



It sheds light beautifully in there, and I really didn't want to change the light too much because it is JUST the color and way I liked it. I added a small strip of washi tape to it for a cute little bit of color and whimsy.


Covered up ugly basement pipes :: OrganizingMadeFun.com

But, the biggest part of the makeover was covering up those ugly pipes!


Before and After of basement pipes covered up with pegboard :: OrganizingMadeFun.com

You like the before and after? I used pegboard to cover up the pipes. 


Laundry Room Basement pipes covered up with pegboard stenciled :: OrganizingMadeFun.com

Here is another more direct shot of the whole thing. I will be showing you, next week, more details on how we did this and some MORE organizing of this laundry area - because you can NEVER have too much organizing! What do you think? Is pegboard fun or what? How about that light? 

To learn HOW TO put this pegboard wall up, go HERE for a full tutorial.

Pin It
 



 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. 

Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers.

  Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check